Announcements

RR Donnelley Now Available on Shippo

By Shippo , Thu 22 Jun 2017

RR Donnelley Shippo

We are excited to add RR Donnelley to our global network of shipping carriers available through Shippo. By using RR Donnelley, you’ll be able to tap into a variety of economical US domestic and international services. 

We are proud to continually add carriers to our network and offer businesses the ability to connect with multiple shipping providers from around the world through a single platform. Explore available RR Donnelley offering below and access these services through Shippo

Read more

Announcements

Better Shipping for eBay Canada

By Shippo , Fri 16 Jun 2017

eBay Canada Shippo shipping

Shipping in the 21st century hasn’t adapted to how we buy and move goods around the world yet. Ecommerce is the fastest growing market in the world, but shipping costs, outdated systems, and opaque processes are holding businesses back. With growing consumer expectations for “free and fast” shipping, sellers need help to managing shipping from the marketplaces and platforms they sell on. 
 
That’s why we are excited to work with eBay. They are committed to creating a better shipping experience for sellers, starting at the root of the problem – making the complexity of shipping disappear.

Read more

E-Commerce Shipping

Are Robots the Future of Last-Mile Delivery?

By Shippo , Fri 09 Jun 2017

Milkmen, newspaper boys, bicycle couriers, drones, robots - humans have been looking for a way to deliver goods to customer’s doors for centuries. As technology evolves, so do the available delivery options.  One of the most interesting new delivery technologies is not on the roads or in the air. It is semi-autonomous delivery robots on sidewalks, a quickly growing industry.

Hear about how these robots can solve real social and economic problems while making last mile delivery more efficient, cost effective and convenient for customers and businesses alike. We invite you to watch this presentation by Henry Harris-Burland from Starship Robots from the Shippo Summit. If you prefer, we’ve also transcribed his presentation below.

I'm here to talk about delivery robots. Not just our delivery robot, but actually the wider industry. What we saw over the last couple of years, what the problems are, and what to expect over the next couple of years and what this technology can bring to logistics, but more specifically last-mile logistics.

We are trying to solve the last-mile delivery problem, the last couple of miles between a hub or a store and a customer's house or place of business. It's notoriously inefficient at the moment. Up to 40% of the total cost of the transportation can be the last couple of miles. Which means if we're ordering something from China, the first 4,900 miles might account for 60% and then the last two or three miles account for the remaining 40% of the cost. It's super inefficient. Businesses are trying to make their last-mile-delivery logistics much more efficient and cost effective, but it's very difficult. Those are the problems that we're trying to solve.

Last Mile Delivery Challenges

As an example, vans stopping outside 100s houses every single day, that's traditional last mile. But one thing that's often regularly overlooked in last-mile delivery is personal shopping trips. That's you and me getting in our car. I'm guilty of this very regularly ... to go a mile and a half down the road to pick up two or three bags of groceries, and then move our one-and-a-half-ton car back to our house a mile and a half down the road. I do this all the time. It's a part of last-mile logistics. It's a part of delivery that actually hasn't really been monetized yet.

Read more

Blog

Home

Shipping API

Shippo Tech

#SeedStage Startup Advice

E-Commerce Shipping

E-Commerce Tips & Tricks

Announcements

Sign up for the Shippo Blog

Receive emails with news and announcements we post on this blog.