New Report: 2021 E-Commerce Shipping & Fulfillment Benchmarks
How does your business compare in today’s e-commerce landscape, especially when it comes to meeting shipping and fulfillment norms?
E-commerce has skyrocketed in the last year, and merchants have had to shift strategies across the entire customer journey in response. Merchants who relied solely on brick and mortar businesses were forced to invest in new technologies and quickly make the move to digital, while demand ballooned so that players throughout the e-commerce ecosystem scrambled to hone more efficient workflows. It’s predicted that roughly 20-30 percent of the COVID-related shift will remain permanent globally, and 29 percent of consumers in the U.S. alone say they’ll shop for items online more than they did before. With these stats in mind, it’s crucial to understand where your e-commerce business stands in relation to current industry benchmarks and trends.
To help you better understand where you’re hitting the right marks and where you may need to rethink your current e-commerce strategies, we recently partnered with ShipBob on this 2021 E-Commerce Shipping & Fulfillment Benchmarks Report. The robust report features benchmarking data, trends, and insights surrounding topics such as:
- Average online order value across industries such as apparel, electronics, and heath and wellness.
- How much merchants are spending on shipping, including total spend as a percentage of overall revenue.
- How much total order value and package volume really have grown since the beginning of the pandemic.
- Consumer spending trends across various United States territories, and a look at how these may be impacted by geo-specific fulfillment trends.
- Transit time averages and fluctuations.
- The current state of returns, as well as recommendations for how to optimize your returns strategy.
- International shipping benchmarks.
- How to more effectively manage shipping costs.
- Advice for optimizing logistics operations and improving your customer experience.
Download the full report for an in-depth look at current industry norms around e-commerce, shipping, and fulfillment, and be sure to register for our upcoming webinar on July 8th at 2 pm ET | 11 am PT — 2021 E-Commerce Benchmarks & Trends: How Does Your Business Stack Up? — where we’ll take an even deeper dive into the data and trends uncovered in the report.