How To Set Up A Shipment Tracking Page For E-commerce Businesses
Keeping your customers informed about your products helps to build trust and brand loyalty. But, keeping them informed post-purchase with a shipment tracking page can often be just as important as pre-purchase.
Think about the times you’ve been on the other end and have purchased products online. More than likely you’ve checked the e-commerce store’s tracking page to find out where your order is and its estimated time of arrival (ETA).
As a matter of fact, tracking pages and other transactional communication such as confirmation emails receive 8 times more open rates than other marketing emails.
With Shippo, you can set up and personalize a shipment tracking page so that you can keep your customers in the know and possibly even generate more sales.
What Is A Shipment Tracking Page
A shipment tracking page is a page specifically dedicated to updating customers on the whereabouts of their orders.
Often times a shipment tracking page will include a short timeline of when the order has been shipped from its place of origin, when it is in transit with the carrier, when it has reached certain destinations within the carrier’s network, and when it has been delivered to its final destination.
Tracking pages will also identify to customers which carrier is in charge of delivering their order and include a tracking number for that carrier. That number can be used to help carriers locate packages should customers have an issue and contact them.
A shipment tracking page will also usually include branding materials from the site it was purchased at such as company colors, logos, wording, and possibly even links back to the online store itself.
Benefits Of Having An Order Tracking Page
There are 4 main benefits of having an order tracking page set up for your e-commerce business’s shipments.
- Reduce customer inquires/complaints: Instead of constantly answering to updates on order status, your customer support team can assist with other matters.
- Build trust with your customers: When your customers can see where their orders are they’re more likely to trust your business and become repeat customers.
- Further Brand Awareness: Tracking pages are a great way to reinforce your brand by showing customers your logos, colors, and themes again and again as they check order status.
- Get customers back on your site: Tracking pages can have links back to your site, which can, in turn, lead to more sales. The longer a customer is on your site, the more likely they are to purchase.
How To Set Up A Tracking Page For E-commerce Shipments
The easiest way to set up a tracking page for e-commerce shipments is by using Shippo.
By connecting your e-commerce site to Shippo, you’ll automatically have tracking pages set up for your outgoing orders. These pages will show will highlight the items being shipped, where they are in their shipping journey, and give an updated ETA at the top of the page.
Those with a Shippo Pro plan will also have the ability to add their business’s unique branding to the page and even incorporate links to their social media accounts.
In the web app, users simply have to click settings, then branding to insert their logo and brand color. After that, all they have to do is click tracking page and customize the page from there. Users of the Shippo API will also be able to customize their order tracking pages.
Sign up to Shippo for free and get tracking pages set up for your orders in minutes.
Looking for a Multi-carrier Shipping Platform?
With Shippo, shipping is as easy as it should be.
- Pre-built integrations into shopping carts like Magento, Shopify, Amazon, eBay, and others.
- Support for dozens of carriers including USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL.
- Simple pricing: Cost of shipping + 5 cents per label. Label fees are waived when using Shippo’s carrier accounts.
- Shipping Insurance: Insure your packages at an affordable cost.
- Shipping API for building your own shipping solution.