For a small business, like an e-commerce store, shipping can be very complicated and get expensive. Shipping prices are hard to understand and negotiating for cheaper shipping rates with carriers is not easy.
USPS is the cheapest shipping for U.S. small businesses: Especially with Shippo
For shipments from the United States, the United States Postal Service (USPS) is likely your best bet for cheapest shipping. However, we advise all e-commerce store owners to take the time to compare prices and select the best and cheapest shipping options for their online store.
How to save money with USPS for Small Businesses
The USPS offers different pricing tiers depending on your volume with them:
- Retail rates – This is the cost you pay when buying postage at the Post Office
- Commercial Pricing – The steep discounts (up to 90% off Retail rates) you can get through Shippo
- Priority Mail Cubic pricing – An even deeper discounted rate that Shippo offers all of its sellers for packages weighing 1-20 lbs. and about the size of a shoebox
As a small business owner, the best way to get the cheapest shipping possible for your e-commerce store is to work with a shipping platform such as Shippo. We consolidate shipping volume across many different small businesses to negotiate discounted rates with the USPS and pass on the discounts to you. You can get discounted USPS rates immediately at signup.
With Shippo, you can tap right into USPS Commercial and Cubic pricing instantly upon signup. It’s free to sign up and compare rates on Shippo. Just pay for the cost of postage – no additional fees!
Get Cheap USPS ShippingSign Up
Looking For a Multi-carrier Shipping Platform?
With Shippo, shipping is as easy as it should be.
- Pre-built integrations into shopping carts like Magento, Shopify, Amazon, eBay, and others.
- Support for dozens of carriers including USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL.
- Simple pricing: Cost of shipping + 5 cents per label. Label fees are waived when using Shippo’s carrier accounts.
- Shipping Insurance: Insure your packages at an affordable cost.
- Shipping API for building your own shipping solution.