E-commerce is a growing market worldwide, but that’s especially the case in Canada. According to the International Trade Administration, in 2021 there were over 27 million e-commerce shoppers in Canada, which translates into 72.5% of the entire Canadian population.
But, e-commerce businesses based in Canada don’t just sell and ship to those customers. In fact, 50% of Canadian merchants ship internationally as opposed to just 3-5% of US merchants shipping internationally.
For online sellers in Canada, the need for a shipping partner to help serve both markets is paramount. This is why we’re happy to share that e-commerce businesses based in Canada now have a new option to get world-class shipping at a fraction of the retail price. Shippo customers can now ship UPS in Canada.
In short, this means Canadian e-commerce merchants that opened a UPS account through Shippo now have access to deeply discounted rates from one of the world’s largest parcel carriers. This is similar to US merchants who ship with UPS through Shippo.
Canadian merchants can get discounts on domestic and international shipping, including up to 68% off UPS Standard® shipments and 50% off UPS Expedited®, UPS Express® and UPS Express Saver® services. Shippo is one of the first multi-carrier shipping solutions on the market offering these rates in Canada, giving local users more ways to delight their customers through shipping.
The best part of these UPS rates is that they are available to Canadian online store owners no matter how much or how often they ship.
A Closer Look At UPS Rates When Shipping From Canada
With this launch, UPS shipping has become a much more affordable and viable option for Canadian businesses that want to expand their customer base both within the country and outside Canadian borders.
To showcase this, let’s take a look at an example of the prices you can expect when shipping domestically*:
For many online sellers in Canada, international shipping is a core part of their business. This is especially true for those shipping to the US from Canada. Let’s take a look at a couple of examples of what to expect when shipping internationally with UPS from Canada*.
For Shippo users in Canada who are looking to expand their shipping options, shipping with UPS offers more than just competitive prices.
Other Perks of Shipping with UPS In Canada
There are a number of different ways in which shipping with UPS and Shippo can help merchants expand their business in Canada.
Sell to Customers All Over the World
- UPS ships to over 220 countries. So while many international shipments will be heading south of the border, you can also reach customers in nearly every corner of the planet. You’ll also have a simplified customs clearance to make shipping to those countries simpler, faster, and more convenient.
Services For Every Type of Customer
- Giving customers options when receiving their packages is important for creating a positive post-purchase experience. When shipping with UPS in Canada, you’ll be able to offer customers 15 different delivery options. This includes shipments with a guaranteed definitive time and day delivery.
Parcel Size and Weight Flexibility
- With UPS, packages can weigh up to 150 lbs (68 kg), have a length up to 108 inches, and measure up to 165 inches (419 cm) in length and girth combined before incurring an Over Maximum Limits surcharge. This means more of your products can potentially be shipped with UPS for less.
Multiple Return Options
- Returns are an inevitable part of e-commerce, but UPS aims to make shipping returns a positive experience for both you and your customers. There are multiple options, which include services like adding pre-printed return labels in your shipments, electronic return labels, more 1,200 UPS Access Point® locations for convenient return package drop off, and pick-up services from your customer’s location.
There are even more perks for Shippo users shipping with UPS from Canada such as automatic package coverage up to $100 dollars in declared value liability and Saturday delivery**.
* Rates are limited to shipping from Canada only. Rates and any applicable discounts are subject to change at any time without notice.
**Saturday Delivery is available when using UPS Express® Early, UPS Express, UPS Express Saver®, UPS Worldwide Express™ and UPS Worldwide Express Freight®. Availability of Saturday Delivery may vary based on location. UPS Domestic Standard (Ground) does not offer Saturday delivery.