The inaugural Shippo Summit has come to a close. It was an incredible day of engaging speakers, great attendees, and wonderful sponsors. We thank you all for being part of our inaugural event – you made it what it was!
Our goal for the Shippo Summit was to bring together companies in the ecommerce space to talk about the challenges they face everyday, and provide a space where like-minded people are able to meet and learn from each other. There were conversations about shipping, but also many others about different obstacles they face in the business.
There was a diverse mix of ecommerce businesses, platforms, service providers and carriers such as Gap, Square, Borderlinx, Mercari, Wish, USPS, DHL eCommerce and other great companies.
“The conference was great and certainly a worthwhile trip for me. It really got me thinking about some great ideas we can integrate into our new software platform.”
“I found [networking with other attendees] to be the most beneficial. I was able to meet with a variety of people – learning about their roles, business, and viewpoints of commerce/shipping overall.”
We had interesting and engaging presentations such as using shipping as a competitive advantage in ecommerce, from our keynote Mike Comstock. He dove into how can businesses can profitably meet customer expectations in the rapidly transforming e-commerce world by using fulfillment to drive sales.
Other talks included:
- Using Data to Take the Guesswork out of Your Shipping Strategy, with Jake Stein of Stitch
- Major Technology Shifts that will Change Commerce, with Neil Patil of Reaction Commerce
- Optimizing Warehouse Operations, with Don White and Kirk Anderson of Snapfulfil
- Revolutionizing Delivery with Self-driving Robots, with Henry Harris-Burland of Starship Technologies
- Exploring the Global Opportunity with Lucy Marshall of World First
- When do Customers Become Engaged, with Tobias Buxhoidt of Parcellab
Shippo is a multi-carrier API and web app that helps retailers, marketplaces and platforms connect to a global network of carriers. Businesses use Shippo to get real-time rates, print labels, automate international paperwork, track packages and facilitate returns. Shippo provides the tools to help businesses succeed through shipping.